Our goal at Downtown Dog Lounge is to provide a safe, fun and stimulating social
environment for dogs during the day and evening. We feel strongly that with dog
care alternatives, busy pet owners can feel better about leaving their pets alone
and it will enable more people to help shelter dogs. To ensure the safety and health
of your dog and our other guests, we require all of our guests to comply with the
following rules and regulations.
All dogs at DDL must meet the following health and safety requirements:
- All dogs must be well-socialized, or in private training. Owners need to certify
that their dogs have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior
toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered by 6 months or a daily fee applies.DDL has the right to refuse 'intact' dogs at our discretion. We do not accept dogs
that have not been spayed after 7 months, though some have been 'grandfathered'
- Dogs must be 4 months or older to join play groups. (Accommodations can be made
for younger pups - daily puppy fees apply.)
- We require proof of current rabies, DHPP (Distemper/Hepatitis/Parainfluenza/Parvovirus)
and bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations. Bordatella must be done every 6 months,
or we can arrange for an intranasal Bordatella at Urban Vet.
- All dogs must be clean and in good health w/ the exception of stable, post surgical
dogs that are in need of 24-hour human supervision, aka, Personal Pooch Nanny.
- All pets must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize other
guests; owners must certify that their pet has not been ill in the past 30 days.
- We recommend all dogs be on a flea treatment program and may require a flea bath
- If your dog becomes ill or has diarrhea, they will be 'privated' at a $5 daily or
$10 nightly private fee for the healthy & safety of all.
- Please DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO DAYCARE if they are not well.
- Collars w/ identifying name tag must be worn at check-in, or one will be provided
for a fee of $4.
- All dogs must wear "quick release" collars, which can be purchased at DDL.
- DDL dogs must have a completed registration form on file, with medical, contact and
- All dogs must have a complete screening session/evaluation. (Evaluation and initial
set up fees apply to all new pack members).
- Services are due at the time of pickup or your dog will board an extra evening or
until payment is made in full. $44 boarding rates will apply.
- Owners are fully responsible for any aggression or injuries they instigate. Also,
owners are responsible for vet bills if they injure another dog.
(note: dogs although evaluated, can be unpredictable and all dogs will have random
time outs to give break time.
- Dogs can share coughs, sniffles, eye infections and more…just like children’s daycare.
DDL will post any illnesses that exceed 1% of our population and is not responsible
for vet bills of this nature. If your dog is ill, we will make accommodations to
take him to a local vet or emergency center, if you are unable.
- For optimal safety, DDL has limits on bully breeds. Please see our manager or trainers
for more explanation as they will handle all evaluations for these breeds. We rotate
our pups to give everyone adequate playtime and short term (15 min) rest periods
as needed and are currently at capacity and cannot accept any more pit bull or pit
- We reserve to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Evaluations are $15 by appointment Saturday & Sunday,
& $25 weekdays & rush appointments.
The week of holidays, our evaluation fees increase to $50
as we are super busy with